Friday, February 03, 2006

St. Charles Parish Satellite School to help with Adopt-a-Block

I just spoke to the students and faculty of the Satellite School in St. Charles Parish about their upcoming involvement with Adopt-a-Block. I wish I'd have had a high school like this when I was a teenager. The school uses a very hands-on approach to prepare students for carrees in everything from culinary arts to digital media, to healthcare, to psychology and social work. They will be running our adopt-a-block on February 21 with their students. The culinary arts students will cook the meals, other studenst will help in the prep and distribution and the digital media students will document the whole thing on video and pictures to compile into a 5 minute DVD. I am really excited about this. This is a great example of how the partnership af various groups in a region can be beneficial for all involved. Not to mention that I won't have to (get to) cook that day. Check out their web site at:

http://stcharles.k12.la.us/satellite/

No comments: