Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Side Effects of Watching Too Much 24




I was interested in 24 when it came out a few years ago, but having children isn't very conducive to watching it during the week. So I was thrilled to have a friend loan me season one back in January. Watching 24 is something very addictive. So I've been strung out on the stuff for the last 2 and a half months as my friend has loaned me the next 3 seasons as well. Th side effect is that everything in the news is starting to seem pretty suspicious to me lately. For fans of the show you know what I'm talking about.

Sure that story of Dick Cheney shooting his friend was a "hunting accident."
Sure Milosovic just died of heart failure in his cell.
Those of us who follow the national crises thwarted by Jack Bauer know better. The truth is that Dick Cheney's friend was trying to tell the president something that would endanger Cheney's position which he and his jezebel of a wife have been vying for all these years and he tried take him out. And we also know that Milosovic is really not dead but being shuffled around from one secret prison to another which are run by an elite team of NSA agents of whom there is no record of their existence or what they do.

And they call 24 entertainment. I call it enlightenment. I've got to go unravel some more high level conspiracies.

later
-C

No comments: