Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Vineyard Playlist - Sweetly Broken Releases 3.14.06



I know I haven't been updating stuff as much lately. It's because I've been incredibly busy this last month or so. So here's some news:

1. Sweetly Broken Release - Next Tuesday March 14, Vineyard Playlist - Sweetly Broken will release nationwide. This will be the first nationwide release I've ever had a song on. Pretty cool! What's even cooler is that the song I sing is a bit of a black gospel take on Casey Corum's We Need Your Touch. It's got a good vibe to it. In my opinion this Vineyard project is one of the best one's they've released in a few years (I'm not saying that just because I'm on it.) It's got some really great songs on it all around. I really dig the couple of tracks by Ryan Delmore and Chris Lizotte, but those guys haven't turned out much that i don't like. So you can check the CD out at http://www.vineyardmusicusa.com/usa/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=779 My song is track 3 -"We Need You Touch"

2. A Gig - The unintentional casualty of all this Katrina reflief business has been my live gigs. In 6 months I've played maybe 3 gigs and one was severly hampered by Hurricane Rita. Well I will be adding some gigs in the next couple of weeks. But here is the first:
Wed. March 29
10:00 p.m.
at the Neutral Ground Coffee House (New Orleans)

This will be my first gig at the Neutral Ground in about 7 months. If you haven't made it to the Neutral Ground before it's a pretty cool place. It's one of the only spots in New Orleans that boasts a line up of 3-4 different artists every night of the week. For me it's a bit of a test kitchen. I like to try out new material on the crowd which ranges from hippies to college students to professionals.

No comments: