Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Speaking Instead of Blogging

I've been neglecting the blog a bit lately because I've been pretty busy. Part of my business was preparing for my recent teaching at The Vineyard which took place this last weekend. I don't do much public speaking (at least when I'm not holding a guitar) so it took a good bit of effort getting ready. I actually spoke on some of the things that I've blogged about recently.

My text for the message was Matthew 5:13
"Let me tell you why you are here. You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? You've lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage.”

So the question that I pose is this - How much is the presence of Christians in the community spicing things up? How much are we bringing out the God-Flavors in the world around us?

Check the audio out at:

http://www.vcfk.com/NewV/listen.html

1 comment:

nk said...

My husband and I really enjoyed your sermon last weekend. Your message was on a level everyone could relate to......our stomachs. Ha! Ha! We really enjoy the Vineyard and have asked nmerous friends to come. They have all enjoyed the messages and have returned on numerous occasions. Thanks for being a part of a church that has touched our lives in a very profound way.