Thursday, November 16, 2006

Internet Induced ADD Blog #2: 2 Weeks Coffee Free!

I don't know how long someone should be able to use a natural disaster for an excuse but I would like to use my Katrina card once more. In the past 15 months I feel like I have aged a whole lot. I don't know if it had to do with the couple of tons of meat I barbequed in the last year, the bickering politicians, or not playing as many gigs as normal but I feel like this last year was a bit of a dog year for me. I have at least 13 grey hairs in my beard to testify to it. Well, some time around six or seven months ago I noticed that I was beginning to feel really lethargic all of the time. This was unusual for me because for most of my life I've been more of a morning person. So after consulting with some of my vegetarian friends I decided to do a cleansing fast. During the 10 day fast I drank mass quantities of this lemon cayenne pepper concoction in the place of meals and coffee. By the 5th day I began introducing fruit, then nuts the next day and vegetables the day after that. After the first two days of headaches and cravings for fried food and cheeseburgers I started to feel better. I have now gone 2 weeks without coffee and I'm waking up feeling rested at 6:30 in the morning. It's not that I have anything against coffee it's just I haven't known life apart from coffee in at least 15 years so I just wanted to see what it was like. I find it amazing that I can live without it and enjoy life. I've even flirted with going vegetarian but I'm not sure how that will work with all of the barbeque I cook. Maybe I'll just be one of them part-time vegetarians. Yeah that's it.

No comments: