Friday, December 08, 2006

To India and Back










India trip Recap - I just got back from a week and a half in India. I went as part of a team from my church to put on 2 Alpha Course conferences in Southeast India. What a trip! The food was spicy, very spicy, and you eat with your hands. The people were very gracious and hospitable. We were welcomed warmly everywhere we went. I even got to play a little India music and even found an Indian music store where I bought an Indian pump organ (I’m not sure if that's the official name but I'm sure you will here it on my next CD.) The 2 conferences we did went well. We could really sense God among us in our times of worship and prayer with the locals. There was a real openness to God among the people. I was expecting there to be much more resistance but was pleasantly surprised. 
I came back appreciating life much more after what seemed a near death experience of a ride one night - the scariest ride of my life. After the second day of the first conference we headed out for Pondicherry (a coastal town), which was supposed to be a 3 to 4 hour drive. It ended up taking six hours, six very scary hours of dodging craters in the road and oncoming trucks. There were times where we didn't get over 15 miles an hour for 30 minutes at a time because the roads were so bad. I won't complain about New Orleans roads anymore. 
Though I got back yesterday, my luggage is yet to arrive, a long story. Though I loved India and Indian food and culture it was great to get back to the states. We arrived in Washington D. C. on Sunday night. We made it to the hotel in time to get a cheeseburger, a cold one, and catch the Saints clobbering the Cowboys. Ahh, it's good to be home!

-Crispin

2 comments:

fuel52 said...

I need a story or two!

Glad you guys are back safe...

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is too cool and I am glad to hear you had a good time and experience! India has always been one of those places like Africa is to others: "Lord, please don't send me to India!" ;) You make it sound almost like someplace I might like to go!