Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Why Horse-Flies?

I went camping with Dina and the kids this week. After a few hours of hiking followed by a swim in the lake, Ezra and I were drying off when he had his first unfortunate encounter with a horse-fly. And the first question that he had after the fly bit him was, “Daddy why did God make horse-flies?” My answer wasn’t much of an answer, “Maybe someday we will get a chance to ask God that.” But he got me thinking… really, why horse-flies? …and mosquitoes, and ticks?

3 comments:

Pi Man said...

I know why! So the makers of bug repellants would have a job! 8^) TA

Ben Breazeale said...

When my Son asks me about those sorts of deep questions, I usually fall back to the old "maybe God needed to make something for the birds to eat".

Crispin Schroeder said...

Great answer Ben. I'm gonna use that one!