Thursday, July 21, 2011

Can the Internet Helps Us Be Better Christians?


For all of the bad stuff on the internet I am pleased to see more and more that there are some very engaging and redemptive conversations going on between Christians in the online world.  In just the past few days I have been a part of many blog discussions about central issues to the Christian faith where all parties were generally respectful and where folks were really endeavoring to move towards the truth.  Okay, so maybe this isn’t the norm in the blogosphere but it is a window for me in how the internet can be a part of building community and vibrant faith in the lives of Christians.  In another sense I think the internet is helping Christians who may feel all alone in their particular way of pursuing God to realize that there are thousands of others out there who are wrestling with the same ideas.  Sure the downside is that lunatics are finding out their not alone either but I think it is still a good phenomenon for Christians.  How has the internet helped you in your faith journey? 

1 comment:

Penny Murray said...

Someone got bit with the "blogging bug" this week?

I am definitely one of those people who found community through blogs and comfort in knowing I was not alone. This has been and still is huge for me as I wrestle. Your blog is actually how we got connected with Vineyard. It was so nice to go through and read your posts. So really, online blogs and get you connected face-to-face as well.