Thursday, December 08, 2011

God With Us

This is my first Christmas song I wrote circa 1999.  For those wishing to download the original studio version of this song by my band Mary's Den you can download in on iTunes

Lyrics:
Two thousand years ago you came
Into our world as just a baby
To live and die just like a man
To show how much you loved us

You were light shining in the dark
And the darkness could not understand
You were far too supernatural
Wrapped up in ordinary man

You are God with us
Not God in the heavens with a stick
Waiting to beat us down
Every time we come around
You are God with us
Not some old statue in a church collecting dust
Or some fairy tale that someone dreamed up

Show me the way
Show me the way

I really cannot comprehend
The world you left behind
The streets of gold and crystal rivers
Angels singing in the sky

You traded in your kingly robes
For human flesh and dusty roads
You took the lowest path you could
But at the cross you won the world

You are God with us
Not God in the heavens with a stick
Waiting to beat us down
Every time we come around
You are God with us
Not some old statue in a church collecting dust
Or some fairy tale that someone dreamed up

Show me the way
Show me the way
Jesus would you show me
I believe you are the way

1 comment:

Pi Man said...

Very original! Thanks Bro. TA